Converting Existing or New Projects
Want to view a project that you have previously created in Unity in 3D? Or do you already have ideas for a new creation? Let's dive in!
If you already have a project that can be built for Android, it can be built for the Leia device using the Leia Unity SDK. If you are unsure if your project is Android-ready, follow these steps to build and run a non-3D version of your project on the Leia device before installing the Leia Unity SDK.
- 1.[instructions for developer mode, USB debugging, connecting device to computer, selecting USB mode, using command window to check if it's connected]
- 2.In the top toolbar of Unity, select File > Build Settings
- 3.In the Build Settings window, under the Platform options, select Android
- 4.If the Build and Run button is greyed out, select Switch Platform to enable the Android Build Settings.
- 5.Disable Export Project
- 6.In the Run Device dropdown, select the Leia device
- 7.In the lower left-hand corner of the Build Settings window, select Player Settings
- 8.Set the Package Name by either disabling 'Override Default Package Name' or by filling in the Package Name field, following the convention com.YourCompanyName.YourProductName
- 9.Close the Player Settings
- 10.Back in the Build Settings window, click Build and Run, which will install the application on the Android device connected to your computer.
- 11.In the File window that pops up, name your file. Clicking 'Save' will start the build. When it is finished, it will run on your device. It will not have any 3D effects since this is a normal Android build.After building for the first time, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+B (Cmd+B on Mac) to build and run the application. If your project successfully built for Android, follow these steps to finish importing the Leia Unity SDK project!
- 2.Attach the LeiaCamera.cs script to your Camera GameObject.
- 3.Follow Content Design Guidelines.
- 1.Start by encompassing your game content in the Leia Frustum.
- 2.Set focus plane to where the viewer should be looking.a. Text / UI looks best when in focus.
- 3.Set baseline scaling to determine the amount of depth or size of your Leia Frustum.
- 4.Switch to 2D mode when no 3D content is displayed.